Wetsuits are suitable for various activities and water sports; however, for the best wetsuits for surfing, we have comprised the following list, which is arranged by rating, user’s opinion, and features.
Wetsuits provide surfers with added warmth and protection against frigid temperatures, intense sun rays, and jellyfish bites, while also being flexible enough to enable maximum mobility. Many also include a host of additional features for added comfort, such as flat stitched seams to resist irritation, easy to reach zippers that make it easy to get into and out of the suit with ease, and adjustable Velcro collars for a comfortable fit around the neck. They also come in both long and short lengths, and they are also available for kids.
10. Phantom Aquatics Men’s Marine Shorty Wetsuit
The Phantom Aquatics Men’s Marine Shorty Wetsuit is a modernly designed suit that is constructed using Nylon II neoprene material with 3D anatomical sculpting for maximum comfort and performance. It also includes a neck tab with Micro-teeth Velcro fastener and flat stitched seams for added comfort.
Why We Chose the Phantom Aquatics Wetsuit:
- Constructed of 2.5mm Nylon II neoprene materials and 3D anatomical sculpting for maximum performance
- Includes full aquatics for various water sports
- Includes flat stitched seams and a neck tab with Micro-teeth Velcro fastener for added comfort
- Available in a wide range of colors
These are the best wetsuits for surfing for men seeking a high-tech suit with lots of modern features.
9. O’Neill Women’s Reactor 2mm Short Sleeve Wetsuit
The O’Neill Women’s Reactor Wetsuit is a high-quality suit comprised of durable, flexible neoprene material for increased function and warmth in the water. It also includes quality stitching for added comfort and easy zipping that makes it a cinch to get into and out of.
Why We Chose the O’Neill Women’s Reactor Wetsuit :
- Made of durable neoprene material for maximum warmth and comfort
- Tight fit hugs like a glove for maximum mobility
- Quality stitching for added comfort
- Comes in a wide range of colors
These are the best wetsuits for surfing for women in colder temperatures of 65 degrees or more.
8. Lemorecn Wetsuits Adult’s Premium Neoprene Jumpsuit
The Lemorecn Wetsuits Adult’s Premium Neoprene Diving Suit features a durable, 3mm neoprene wetsuit designed for premium warmth and flexibility for various water sports, including surfing, kayaking, paddle boarding, and scuba. It also includes spot taped stress points and flat-lock stitching for added comfort and strength.
Why We Chose the Lemorecn Wetsuits Neoprene Jumpsuit:
- Designed with flexible, 3mm neoprene material for an athletic fit and warmth
- Flat-lock seams and spot taped stress points for added strength and comfort
- Features an easy to reach back zipper for added convenience
- Available in black blue, black red, and black grey
This is an ideal adult wetsuit for use in multi water sports, including kayaking, surfing, paddle boarding, scuba, and more.
7. Dark Lightning Kids Wetsuit
The Dark Lightning Kids Wetsuit is modern design wetsuit that is made using Neoprene (SCR) and lycra materials to keep kids warm in the water. It also provides added flotation, provides UPF 50 sun protection, and lowers the risk of jellyfish bite.
Why We Chose the Dark Lightning Kids Wetsuit:
- Neoprene (SCR) and lycra material for added warmth in various water conditions
- Provides jellyfish bite and UPF 50 sun protection for added security
- Extended back zipper for added convenience
- Available in various neat colors
This is an ideal wetsuit for kids seeking a durable, flexible, quick-drying, slim fit suit for use in multi water sports.
6. NATYFLY Neoprene Wetsuits for Kids
The NATYFLY Neoprene Wetsuits features a 2mm neoprene suit with UPF 50 sun protection for maximum protection both in and out of the water. It also includes an extra long leash that makes zipping and unzipping easy and flat-lock stitching for added comfort.
Why We Chose the NATYFLY Neoprene Wetsuits for Kids:
- Contains a 2mm neoprene shell for added warmth in water
- Non-irritating stitching for added comfort
- Provides UPF 50 sun protection
- Easy to reach zipper
- Comes in many cool colors
These are the best wetsuits for surfing for kids in search of a comfortable, quality suit in the tight version for free body movement.
5. Seavenger Navigator Shorty Wetsuit for Men and Women
The Seavenger Navigator 3mm Shorty Wetsuit features a premium quality Nylon II neoprene suit that conforms to your body like a glove for maximum function. It also includes flat-lock stitching to prevent irritation and anti-abrasion shoulder pads for lasting durability.
Why We Chose the Seavenger Navigator Wetsuit:
- Comprised of Nylon II neoprene materials for added comfort
- Super flexible armpits for increased mobility
- Flat-lock stitching prevents irritation
- Anti-abrasion shoulder pads and extra long zipper for added convenience
- Available in various colors
This is an ideal wetsuit for both women and men seeking a quality suit with a versatile design for use in various water sports.
4. O’Neill Men’s Reactor 3/2mm Back Zip Full Wetsuit
The O’Neill Men’s Reactor 3/2mm Back Zip Full Wetsuit is a super soft, extra flexible, premium neoprene suit that has a superior feel and quality that takes its performance to the next level. It also includes an easy entry back zipper, and it is wind-resistant and cold-resistant.
Why We Chose the O’Neill Men’s Full Wetsuit:
- Comprised of flat-lock construction with Krypto knee padz for added comfort and strength
- Single super seal neck safeguards against irritation
- Strategic paddle zones for added strength
- Comes in various colors
These are the best wetsuits for surfing for men seeking an extra strength, full-length, long sleeve suit, especially for warmer waters.
3. Realon Kids Wetsuit 3mm Premium Neoprene
The Realon Kids Wetsuit is made of premium neoprene material to help keep kids warm, and it also includes an extra long back zip, which makes it easy to put on and get out of. It soft and comfortable enough for both indoor and outdoor activities and also provides sun protection.
Why We Chose the Realon Kids Wetsuit 3mm Premium Neoprene:
- Comprised of durable neoprene material for water proof, warmth, and sun protection
- Long zipper makes it easy to get into and out of
- Abrasion resistant, which helps reduce irritation
- Includes adjustable Velcro collar
These are the best wetsuits for surfing for kids 2 to 13 years old who are learning to swim for long periods in various water environments, including the swimming pool, the lake, and the beach.
2. Seavenger Odyssey 3mm Neoprene Wetsuit
The Seavenger Odyssey 3mm Neoprene Wetsuit is a premium quality suit that is designed to withstand colder temperatures of 65 degrees and more. It is also extra strong with anti-abrasion knee and shoulder pads and super stretch panels in the arm and knee pits, which is also suitable for triathlons. It also includes flat-lock stitching to prevent chaffing.
Why We Chose the Seavenger Odyssey 3mm Neoprene Wetsuit:
- 3mm neoprene material suitable for 65 degrees and more
- Extra flexible with super stretch panels in the armpits and knees
- Anti-abrasion knee and shoulder pads for increased durability
- Flat-lock stitching prevents chaffing and is comfortable enough for hours of wear
- Extra long zipper for added convenience
- Available in various colors
These are the best wetsuits for surfing for both men and women who are seeking a durable but comfortable suit for all day wear.
1. Dark Lightning Premium CR Neoprene Wetsuit
The Dark Dark Lightning Thermal Wetsuit is designed using the highest quality Chloroprene Rubber neoprene for a warm suit that is also functional for participation in various water sports. It is also press resistant, which is great for underwater sports, helps prevent jellyfish bites, and offers UPF 50 sun protection.
Why We Chose the Dark Lightning Premium Wetsuit:
- Long back zipper strap makes it easy to take off as well as put on
- Made of neoprene (SCR) and lycra to keep you warm during various water sports
- Provides UPF 50 sun protection and decreases the risk of jelly fish bite
- Available in various colors, sizes, and styles
These are the best wetsuits for surfing as well as various other water sports that require maximum protection.
As we have observed, the best wetsuits for surfing are versatile enough for various water sports, which enables you to get the most out of your suit. They are also comprised of durable, flexible neoprene materials for maximum mobility and warmth in frigid water, and they also offer UPF 50 sun protection. They also include an easy to reach zipper for ease of getting into and out of your suit, and many also come in various neat colors to showcase your personality.
If you have experience with one of the wetsuits listed, or you are aware of other good wetsuits for surfing, be sure to leave a comment.