Foam surfboards, also known as foamies, are the all the rage among surfers seeking a more stable ride in their surfboard. They are typically designed using one or a blend of various foam materials, including PU, PS, EPE, EPS, or EVA foam, which provide a lighter weight board that enables surfers to catch more waves, which is especially useful for beginners who may have difficulty predicting the perfect wave, and it also provides a faster ride. Furthermore, its cushioned composition also makes it safer in the event you wipe out.
There are different foam surfboards on the market, which vary in foam composition, for varying degrees of rides. However, to find the best foam surfboard for you, we present the following list of the 10 best foam surfboards whose criterion is based on foam composition, quality, usability, rating, and price.
10. Surftech Soft Top Surfboard
The Surftech Soft Top Surfboard features an EVA foam deck comprised from durable, long-lasting Surftech Construction, which has been in use for over 20 years, and it never needs waxing. It is available in various sizes from 7’6″ to 12’0″, and it also includes detachable fins for varying degrees of wave play.
Why We Chose the Surftech Soft Top Surfboard:
- EVA foam deck.
- Includes deck inserts for paddling and to stand up.
- Available in a wide range of shapes and sizes for surfers of all levels.
- Hard bottom provides added durability for fast, down-the-line surfing.
- Available in various colors, including orange & gray, blue & white, white & green, and more.
- Designed by industry leaders in foam top technology.
9. Wave Bandit EZ Rider 8’0 Surfboard
The Wave Bandit EZ Rider 8’0 Surfboard is an oval-shaped board that offers various features for a fun surfing experience, including double wood stringers for a stable, fast ride and a tri-fin set up for various water conditions.
Why We Chose the Wave Bandit EZ Rider 8’0 Surfboard:
- EPS foam core.
- Includes double maple wood stringers for added support.
- Includes pop thru TPU tri-fin set up.
- Available in various fun colors, including steel blue and neon pink.
8. Raystreak 8’2″ Soft Top Surfboard with Non-Slip Deck Foam
The Raystreak 8’2″ Soft Top Surfboard with Non-Slip Deck Foam is an 8’2″ x 23″ x 3.4″ board that features a soft top foam deck with interesting graphics and color patches that help you stand out. It also includes all the features you need to get surfing for a complete package.
Why We Chose the Raystreak 8’2″ Soft Top Surfboard:
- 100% waterproof foam skin.
- Hot pressed deck.
- Includes triple reinforced epoxy sealed stringers.
- HDPE bottom for easy gliding.
- Includes leash.
- Includes fins.
- Unique graphics and color design that get you noticed.
Other great stuff: If you like soft tops, you may also want to take a look at our reviews of the best soft top surfboards you can buy today.
7. A Alpenflow 8′ Foam Surfboard
The A Alpenflow 8′ Foam Surfboard features a rounded nose and pintail design along with a double concave bottom for superior performance. It also includes an HDPE reinforced plastic bottom, poplar stringers, and a traction pad for additional support.
Why We Chose the A Alpenflow 8′ Foam Surfboard:
- High-density lightweight XPE deck cover.
- HDPE reinforced plastic bottom for smooth surfing.
- Reinforced poplar stringers for added durability.
- Includes traction pad.
- Includes leash.
- Available in various colors, including yellow, white, and more.
6. Levitate 8′ Soft Surfboard Funboard
The Levitate 8′ Soft Surfboard Funboard promises loads of fun with a heat laminated design and double stringers, which make wave surfing easy. It also includes flex fins and a slick bottom for added performance.
Why We Chose the Levitate 8′ Soft Surfboard Funboard:
- Durable, heat laminated soft top.
- Light weight EPS center.
- Slick bottom.
- Includes two wooden stringers for added support.
- Includes flex fins.
5. Grande Juguete 6′ Surfboard Surf Foamie Board
The Grande Juguete 6′ Surfboard Surf Ocean Beach Foamie Board features an EPS foam core encased in a durable foam top for a super light board that is sure to catch a variety of waves. It also includes a PP hard slick bottom and a traction pad for added fun.
Why We Chose the Grande Juguete 6′ Surfboard:
- Resilinet foam top.
- EPE deck.
- EPS core.
- PP hard slick bottom.
- Includes traction pad.
- Includes leash.
- Also includes removable fins for various wave conditions.
- Reasonably priced.
4. Empire Ehukai Soft Surfboard
The Empire Ehukai Soft Surfboard is a high-quality EPS foam board that features everything you need for easily catching waves, including a lightweight EPS core and four stringers for added performance, as well as an ankle leash to keep you attached to the board should you fall off.
Why We Chose the Empire Ehukai Soft Surfboard:
- Made of high-quality EPS foam.
- Contains a 100% waterproof EPS core.
- Includes four stringers for added durability.
- Includes surf leash.
- Also includes tri-fin system.
3. North Gear 6′ Surfing Thruster Surfboard
The North Gear 6′ Surfing Thruster Surfboard Ocean Beach Foamie is an affordable 71.7″ x 19.7″ x 3″ board that pulls out all the stops when it comes to features, including a durable foam top, which includes a traction pad for added stability, and more.
Why We Chose the North Gear 6′ Surfing Thruster Surfboard:
- Resilient foam top, which includes a traction pad for added grip.
- Expanded polyethelyne top deck.
- Lightweight Expanded Polystryene center.
- Polypropylene hard bottom for swift performance.
- Includes leash.
- Detachable fins for easy carrying.
- Very affordable.
2. SBBC 8′ Soft Top Performance Foam Surfboard
The SBBC 8′ Soft Top Performance Foam Surfboard is a professionally upgraded board that includes a Fingerprint textured foam deck, EPS Closed Cell foam core, and 6-ounce top to bottom resin coverage for superior speed. It also includes a rounded nose and tail and full length double concave bottom for added performance.
Why We Chose the SBBC 8′ Top Performance Foam Surfboard:
- Textured foam board and top deck for added grip.
- EPS Closed Cell foam core for light weight.
- 6-ounce top to bottom resin coverage for added strength.
- Rounded out nose and tail for added stability.
- Full length double concave on bottom deck for added speed and fin performance.
- Includes hands-free heat release valve to release unwanted heat from board’s core.
- Includes surfboard leash.
- Available in a wide range of colors.
1. Giantex 6′ Surfboard Surf Foamie Boards
The Giantex 6′ Surfboard Surf Foamie Boards are specially designed with a durable foam top, Expanded Polyethylene foam deck, Expanded polystyrene foam core, and polypropylene slick bottom for added stability, speed, and comfort while exploring the waves.
Why We Chose the Giantex 6′ Surfboard Surf Foamie Board:
- Durable foam top, deck, and core for maximum comfort and performance.
- Polypropylene slick bottom for smooth surfing.
- Includes traction pad for added stability.
- Includes free leash so you stay attatched to the board if you fall off.
- Also includes removable fins for easy carrying.
- Available in various colors.
- Great price.
In the end, if you are an avid surfer looking for a thrilling ride via a lighter weight board that is designed for increased speed and stability, then a foam surfboard may be for you. They are also great for novice surfers who may require help catching waves. To begin your mission into finding the best foam surfboard, simply refer to this list of the 10 best foam surfboards for some tried-and-true foam boards rated by fellow surfers. Or, if you have a particular foam board that you prefer that you think others would also enjoy, please do share your insight.