Surfing is a sport that can be enjoyed by both adults and kids alike; however, for kids to experience the joy of the waves, they need a board that is safe, easy, and suitable for them.
Kids surfboards, similar to adult beginner boards, typically include soft tops for ease of grip while standing, and many also usually contain an ankle leash to keep them attached to the board in the event they fall off.
They also typically come in shorter sizes to accommodate child heights, and they are lighter in weight, so they are easy to carry and catch waves.
[amazon box=”B01H6VVW48,B01F6I75OY,b00554uqci,B07587Y4KY,b073w6xsym” items=”5″ template=”table”]
Kids surfboards are available in lots of cool colors and graphics to display their playful personality, and they also include various features to help make surfing more fun, which this list of the best kids surfboards will provide you with an overview of, using the top-rated kids surfboards, along with their features, as well as recommendations for use, which were chosen based on rating, usability, features, and price.
10 Best Kids Surfboard Reviews
10. Surftech Learn2Surf Softop Surfboard
[amazon box=”B075NSDQ64″ template=”horizontal”]
The Surftech Lean2Surf Softop Surfboard is available in all sizes for various surfing levels. It features patented Surftech construction, which is the most durable construction on the market, a soft top with Board Positioning technology, which assists surfers with their footing, and a durable hard bottom, which provides increased speed and performance.
Why We Chose the Surftech Learn2Surf Softtop Surfboard:
- Uniquely designed for kid and beginner surfers
- Soft deck just perfect for added grip and safety
- Contains a patent pending Learn2Surf grid, so surfers know where to stand
- Light weight makes it easy to catch waves and transport
An all-around great board for kid beginners as well as surfers of all levels who are seeking a high-quality board that is also the preferred choice of many schools, vacation spots, and more.
9. Thurso Surf Aero 7′ Soft Top Surfboard Package
[amazon box=”B07D98XZ41″ template=”horizontal”]
The Thurso Surf Aero 7′ Soft Top Surfboard Package includes everything beginners need to have a good time on the water, including a soft top for added grip, a high-density EPS core for added buoyancy, an HDPE slick bottom for easy gliding, and an ankle leash to keep you attached to the board.
Why We Chose the Thurso Surf Aero 7′ Soft Top Surfboard Package:
- 8 pound weight perfect for kids to carry
- Soft top provides added grip when standing
- High density EPS core and HDPE slick bottom for easy wave catching
- Complete surfboard package
This is the best kids surfboard for families seeking an affordable, high-quality board, which includes the complete package.
8. Wavestorm 8′ Surfboard
[amazon box=”b00xylzkti” template=”horizontal”]
The Wavestorm 8′ Surfboard features an impressive soft water barrier skin crosslink on the top, deck, and rails for a unique feel and look. It also includes a strong EPE core and a high-density slick bottom for added speed.
Why We Chose the Wavestorm 8′ Surfboard:
- Soft water barrier skin crosslink top, deck, and rails
- Includes textured traction pad for added safety and support
- Resilient EPE core
- High density slick bottom for increased performance
- Includes removable ankle leash
- Good price
This is a great family-time board for surfers of all skills and levels up to 200 pounds.
7. Bo-Toys Body Board Lightweight with EPS Core
[amazon box=”B01IX0VPES” template=”horizontal”]
The Bo-Toys option is a 41 x 2.5 x 20 inches surfboard that has an expanded polystyrene core and Heat lamination Technology for more durability.
The size, weight, and style of this product makes it perfect for kids and beginners, and can be used at the beach, river, and even at water parks.
Why We Chose the Bo-Toys Body Board:
- Solid enough to work even on tougher waves
- Includes leash with wristband
- Boogies better than other foam boards
- Three color options, each featuring bright colors
6. California Board Company CBC 5’8″ Surfboard
[amazon box=”B0072WME3K” template=”horizontal”]
The California Board Company CBC 5’8″ Surfboard is a 5 feet 8-inch board that features everything kid surfers need to get started surfing, including a soft deck for added grip, a high-density EPS core for added float, and a PU surf leash to remain attached to the board after a wipeout.
Why We Chose the California Board Company CBC 5’8″ Surfboard:
- 5’8″ length perfect for child surfers
- Full graphic top and bottom
- Attached traction pad for added grip
- Lightweight EPS foam core
- Surf leash included
- Reasonably priced
This is the best kids surfboard for beginners seeking a great-looking basic board at a reasonable price.
5. Gold Coast SBBC 5’8″ Soft Top Surfboard Mahi
[amazon box=”b073w6xsym” template=”horizontal”]
The Gold Coast SBBC 5’8″ Soft Top Surfboard Mahi is a 68″ x 21″ x 2.75″ fish-tail board that contains an abundance of features, including a fingerprint textured IXPE foam top, high-density EPS closed cell foam core, bamboo strengthened bottom deck, FSC quad fins and fin boxes, and more, for superior performance.
Why We Chose the Gold Coast SBBC 5’8″ Soft Top Surfboard Mahi:
- 5’8″ length perfect for kids
- Textured IXPE foam deck for added grip
- EPS closed cell foam core for easy floating
- Traditional Mahi fish tail design for added performance
- Includes surfboard leash
This is the best kids surfboard for surfers of all skills and levels, including kid beginners, up to 200 pounds who are seeking a board with all the bells and whistles.
4. BPS Storm Bodyboard
[amazon box=”B07587Y4KY” template=”horizontal”]
The BPS Storm board is a sleek board that comes in three sizing options: 33, 37, and 41 inches to fit every person’s needs. This makes it perfect for both kids and beginners who are looking for a short but sturdy option.
Featuring a durable expanded polystyrene and light PP slick for fastness, it’s definitely among the best kids surfboard models for the price.
Why We Chose the BPS Storm Bodyboard:
- Super lightweight body
- Includes one leash and two fin savers
- Has bottom rear channels for increased performance
- Comes with printed instructions for easy assembly
Recommended read: If a bodyboard seems like the ideal option for your kids, you may want to check out other great boogie boards.
3. Liquid Shredder FSE EPS/PE Soft Surfboard
[amazon box=”b00554uqci” template=”horizontal”]
The Liquid Shredder FSE EPS/PE Soft Surfboard is a 6′ x 20″ x 2.5″ board, which features a heat laminated EPE foam deck, light EPS core, and a white PP slick bottom for added rigidity and speed.
Why We Chose the Liquid Shredder FSE EPS/PE Soft Surfboard:
- The EPE foam soft top provides a stable surface for kids to practice on, especially when wet
- Light EPS foam core makes it easy to transport and catch waves
- PP hard slick bottom for speedy performance
This is the best kids surfboard for kids learning to surf up to 95 pounds, who are seeking a budget-friendly board with great options.
2. Rock-It 5’8″ Albert Surfboard
[amazon box=”B01F6I75OY” template=”horizontal”]
The Rock-It 5’8″ Albert Surfboard is a 5’8″ x 20.5″ x 2.5″ board that features a soft deck with a recycled EPS foam core and twin-fin design for easy floating.
Why We Chose the Rock-It 5’8″ Albert Surfboard:
- 5’8″ length just perfect for kids
- Contains a soft top for added safety and grip
- Lightweight recycled EPS core for easy carrying and catching waves
This is the best kids surfboard for beginners up to 175 pounds who are seeking a super floaty board.
1. Giantex 6′ Surfboard Surf Foamie Board Body Board
[amazon box=”B01H6VVW48″ template=”horizontal”]
The Giantex 6′ Surfboard Surf Foamie Board Body Board is a 72″ x 20″ x 3″ board, which features a soft EPE deck, light EPS core, PP hard slick bottom for fast down the line surfing, removable fins, and an ankle leash, which is suitable for surfers of all levels up to 200 pounds.
Why We Chose the Giantex 6′ Surfboard Surf Foamie Board Body Board:
- Soft top with traction pad for added safety and support
- Light EPS core for easy transport and wave catching
- Contains ankle leash
- Great price
This is the best kids surfboard for families seeking a great, long lasting board suitable for both kid beginners and more skilled surfers, and at an affordable price.
Overall, the best kids surfboard depends on your budget, the weight of the board, its performance, and whether you prefer a board with all the works or not.
Now that you have learned a few details concerning kids surfboards, after trying one of the boards listed, be sure to inform others of your experience with the board.
Or, if you relish a kid’s surfboard you think would benefit others, feel free to comment.