Longboard surfboards are typically preferred for their ease of maneuverability, which is especially useful for beginner surfers who may require added support while on the water. They differ from other surfboards in that they range in length from about 7′ all the way up to 9′, or more, as compared to the shorter surfboards, which are usually used by children beginners or more advanced surfers seeking a fun surfing experience via extreme wave conditions.
When it comes to selecting a longboard surfboard, there are many types out there, and they also vary in price and quality, which can make it difficult to choose, especially if you are new to surfing. Therefore, we offer this list of the 10 best longboard surfboards, along with suggestions for use, which were selected based on quality, usability, rating, and price, to help you gain a better understanding of longboard surfboards to assist you with choosing the best longboard surfboard for you.
10. Wave Bandit Ben Gravy Pro EZ Rider Surfboard
The Wave Bandit Ben Gravy Pro EZ Rider Surfboard is endorsed by none other than music artist Ben Gravy himself. It includes a unique egg shape, which is suitable for both beginner and seasoned surfers, and a radical bottom skin graphic for added fun. It also includes an EPS core, tri-fin set up, and double maple wood stringers for additional support.
Why We Chose the Pro EZ Rider Surfboard:
- 8’0 length and fun egg shape suitable for all surfers.
- Lightweight Expanded Polystyrene core.
- TPU 4.5″ tri-fin set up.
- Double maple wood stringers for added stability.
9. Raystreak Soft Top 7’2″ Surfboard Fun Performance Board
The Raystreak Soft Top board is a 7’2″ x 22.8″ x 3.2″ durable soft top board, which includes EPS waterproof foam, a 6-ounce fiberglass core, an HDPE slick bottom, a high-end leash, and three thruster fins for superior performance.
Why We Chose the Raystreak Soft Top 7’2″:
- 7’2″ length well-suited for all surfers.
- Soft, IXPE skin with crocodile groove for anti-slip performance.
- 6-ounce fiberglass waterproof core.
- High Density Polyethylene slick bottom for a smooth ride.
- Includes a high-quality leash.
- Features tri-fin system.
- Includes nose and tail bumpers for added safety.
- Has double reinforced epoxy sealed poplar stringers for added support.
8. Empire Ehukai 7′ Soft Surfboard
The Empire Ehukai Soft Surfboard is a 7′ board that includes everything you need to follow your dreams of catching the perfect wave, including a high-quality EPS foam build for added comfort and support, a high-density core, four stringers for added stability, and a surf leash in the event you fall off the board.
Why We Chose the Empire Ehukai 7′ Soft Surfboard:
- High-quality EPS Foam construction.
- 100 percent waterproof high density core.
- Four stringers for extra support.
- Includes a surf leash.
- Includes tri-fin system.
- Great price.
7. Rock-It 8′ Big Softy Surfboard
The Rock-It 8′ Big Softy Surfboard is an 8′ x 21.5″ x 3″ soft top surfboard that includes a recycled EPS foam core reclaimed from manufacturing leftovers and 2 stringers for added strength. It also includes various layers of fiberglass and epoxy resin surrounding the core for optimum durability.
Why We Chose the Rock-It 8′ Big Softy Surfboard:
- 8′ length and soft top make it easy to paddle and turn.
- 6-ounce fiberglass cloth under soft top for enhanced durability.
- Recycled EPS Foam core.
- Includes 3 safety fins.
- Includes 2 wooden stringers for added strength.
6. Liquid Shredder 70 FSE EPS/PE Soft Surfboard
The Liquid Shredder 70 FSE EPS/PE Soft Surfboard is a 7′ x 20″ x 2.75″ FSE Series Foamie board, which features an expanded polystyrene foam core and polypropylene slick bottom for easy gliding. It also contains wooden stringers for added stability.
Why We Chose the Liquid Shredder Soft Surfboard:
- 7′ length suitable for riders of all levels.
- Made of soft, heat laminated materials, which provide comfort and anti-slip texture when wet.
- Soft, expanded polystyrene foam core.
- Super smooth polypropylene slick bottom.
- Wood stringers for added support.
- Available in yellow, blue, and red.
5. The Gold Coast 8′ Soft Top Verve High-Performance Surfboard
The Gold Coast 8′ Soft Top Verve High-Performance Surfboard offers heightened performance in an 8′ x 23″ x 3″ sturdy board, which includes an IXPE soft top deck for easy grip and a diamond weave HDPE slick bottom for calm surfing. It also includes an EPS foam core and a 2+1 stringer system for added pleasure.
Why We Chose the Gold Coast Surfboard:
- High performance board great for all skill levels.
- Custom molded with durable, light weight high density EPS Closed Cell Foam.
- Fingerprint textured IXPE top deck for added comfort and grip.
- Diamond weave HDPE slick bottom for smooth performance.
- 2+1 stringer system for added stability.
- Reasonably priced.
4. California Board Company Foam Surfboard, 9′
The California Board Company Foam Surfboard, 9′ features a custom molded contour with a soft, waterproof expanded polystyrene core for ease of catching waves. It also includes an HDPE slick bottom for easy gliding, a tri-fin system, and a surf leash to keep surfers attached to the board in case they take a spill.
Why We Chose the California Board Foam Surfboard:
- 9′ length just perfect for beginners or casual surfers.
- Custom molded shape for a more personal experience.
- Soft, waterproof EPS core.
- HDPE slick bottom for smooth gliding.
- Includes PU surf leash.
- Includes tri-fin system with nylon screws.
3. 8′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard Long Surfboard by Greco Surf
Note: This soft top from Greco Surf is currently unavailable. Until it gets back in stock, you might want to check out a similar option from A ALPENFLOW. This 8ft foamie has a fiberglass top and bottom, a HDPE reinforced plastic bottom, and a XPE deck cover protective skin.
The 8′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard Long Surfboard by Greco Surf is an 8′ x 23″ x 3.7″ board with approximately 72.9 liters of volume for catching more waves. It features a 6-ounce bottom and top epoxy core, double reinforced wood stringers, a tri-fin system with various setups, and an 8′ leash to keep surfers attached to the board.
Why We Chose the 8′ Performance Soft Top Foamboard:
- 8′ length provides easy manuevarbility.
- 6-ounce top and bottom epoxy core for catching waves easily.
- Double reinforced with wood stringers for added strength.
- Includes 8′ leash.
- Includes tri-fin set with various setups.
2. Bic Sport Dura-Tec 8′ Surfboard
The Bic Sport Dura-Tec 8′ Surfboard is a durable longboard comprised of patented Dura-Tec construction for a long-lasting board. It is available in a range of modern shapes to meet various wave challenges, and it also includes an integrated 3D traction and tri-fin setup for increased performance.
Why We Chose the Bic Sport Dura-Tec 8′ Surfboard:
- 8′ length suitable for beginners or those who want to slow things down on the water.
- Unique Dura-Tec construction provides a durable, long-wearing board.
- Modern shapes suitable for various conditions and waves.
- Integrated 3D traction pad for added grip.
- Includes tri-fin set with various setups.
- Great value
1. Wavestorm 8′ Surfboard
The Wavestorm 8′ Surfboard is the most preferred longboard surfboard by surfers of all levels. It features soft, waterproof skin, an EPS core, and an HDPE slick bottom for maximum performance. It also includes a traction pad, 3 marine ply stringers, and a removable ankle leash for added support.
Why We Chose the Wavestorm 8′ Surfboard:
- 8′ length perfect for beginners or those seeking a leisurely day on the water.
- Light, EPS core.
- High density slick bottom for smooth surfing.
- 3 marine ply stringers for added stability and strength.
- Includes traction pad for stable footing.
- Includes ankle leash in case you wipe out.
- Reasonably priced.
Other great stuff: There are plenty of other surfboards for beginners out there you can give a go.
Overall, the best longboard surfboard allows beginners to gain a feel for the sport of surfing via a board that makes it easy to maneuver the water for an exciting new experience. It is also great for intermediate and advanced surfers looking to enjoy a casual day of surfing. When searching for the best longboard, don’t hesitate to try one of the 10 best longboards featured on this list, and feel free to share your observation. Or, if you have tried a longboard surfboard that you think others would admire, please leave a comment.