Surfboard wax repels water, which helps prevent the surfer from slipping off the board while riding or paddling. It is comprised of a non-slip formula of either natural or synthetic wax or both, which is to be applied to the deck of the surfboard, skim board, or body board, for added traction and grip. Many wax products also contain a pleasant smell, which can be enjoyed while surfing.
[amazon box=”B01E48H222,B00KWKZ6BG,B0118VC6BU,B07BRX7QLR,B07BNVR5CY” items=”5″ template=”table”]
There are various manufacturers of wax for surfboards; however, the top-rated wax for surfboards can be observed in this list of the 10 best wax for surfboards, which were selected based on rating, user’s opinion, and formula.
10. Outdoor Wax Works
[amazon box=”B07C2HHD4S” template=”horizontal”]
Outdoor Wax Works is an all natural wax that provides long-lasting wear. It is good for various temperature ranges and provides a sticky grip from the wax bumps. It is also available in a 3-pack for various applications.
Why We Chose Outdoor Wax Works:
- Provides long lasting grip
- 100% all natural formula
- Wide temperature range
- Comes in a 3 pack
This is the best wax for surfboards in temperatures between 50 to 90 degree Fahrenheit and is even used by professionals.
9. Bubble Gum Surf Wax
[amazon box=”B01HK255YQ” template=”horizontal”]
Bubble Gum Surf Wax is a long-lasting wax that also contains a sweet bubblegum scent. It can be used in all 4 temperatures, and it goes on white for use with various boards.
Why We Chose Bubble Gum Surf Wax:
- Long lasting grip
- All temperature base coat
- Bubblegum scent
This is the best wax for surfboards in all temperatures and various colors.
8. Maria’s Vegan Eco Surf Wax Tropical
[amazon box=”B077QJ61VL” template=”horizontal”]
Maria’s Vegan Eco Surf Wax Tropical is made for warm temperatures. It is comprised of 100% biodegradable ingredients, so it won’t harm marine life, and the package is made from recycled materials, so it won’t harm the environment.
Why We Chose Maria’s Vegan Eco Surf Wax Tropical:
- 100% biodegradable, so it’s marine safe
- Package made of recycled materials, and the ink is made from natural dyes
- Created by conversationalists and environmentalists
- Blueberry scent
This is the best wax for surfboards in tropical/warm conditions of 75 degrees Fahrenheit and above.
7. Matuna’s Surf Wax
[amazon box=”B079RLCV5Z” template=”horizontal”]
Matuna’s Surf Wax is derived from organic ingredients, which means it does not have any negative effects on the environment. It is easy to apply and comes in a six pack for multiple applications.
Why We Chose Matuna’s Surf Wax:
- Made with organic ingredients
- Package made of recycled materials
- Easy to apply
- Comes in a six Pack
- Surfers choose the temperature
This is the best wax for surfboards of all kinds and surfers who want a quick and easy wax application made with organic ingredients.
6. Mrs. Palmers Tropical Surfboard Wax
[amazon box=”B000SIHRAU” template=”horizontal”]
Mrs. Palmers Tropical Surfboard Wax is a super sticky concoction made for water temperatures above 75 degrees. It is made factory fresh and includes five 70 gram bars for numerous applications.
Why We Chose Mrs. Palmers Tropical Surfboard Wax:
- Super sticky consistency
- Made factory fresh
- Includes five 70 gram bars
- Tropical formula for temperatures above 75 degrees
This is the best wax for surfboards in temperatures above 75 degrees.
5. Mr. Zogs Sex Wax Quick Humps
[amazon box=”B07BNVR5CY” template=”horizontal”]
Mr. Zogs Sex Wax Quick Humps is available in a 1X formula, which is the stickiest and softest, and a 6X formula, which is the hardest and least stickiest. It can also be used as a top coat base coat combination for increased stability.
Why We Chose Mr. Zogs Sex Wax Quick Humps:
- Available in both soft and hard formulas
- Available for various temperatures
- Can be used as a combination top/base coat for added stability
- Smells great
This is the best wax for surfboards for surfers who are looking for a topcoat/basecoat combination and that smells great.
4. Mr. Zogs Original Sex Wax
[amazon box=”B07BRX7QLR” template=”horizontal”]
Mr. Zogs Original Sex Wax is perfect for use as a top coat or a base coat. It goes on smooth, which makes it ideal for a base, and is world-renowned for its consistent quality. It is also available in 4 water temperatures for various surfing conditions.
Why We Chose Mr. Zogs Original Sex Wax:
- Known for its consistent quality
- For use as a top or base coat
- Available in four water temperatures, including cold, cool, warm, and tropical
- Available in four scents, including strawberry, coconut, grape, and pineapple
This is the best wax for surfboards in various temperatures.
3. Double Barrel Surf Wax-Cool Water
[amazon box=”B0118VC6BU” template=”horizontal”]
Double Barrel Surf Wax-Cool Water is a long-lasting cool temperature wax that is made using natural ingredients. It provides some of the best traction for added grip in all kinds of conditions and includes a coconut scent to be enjoyed while surfing.
Why We Chose Double Barrel Surf Wax-Cool Water:
- Long lasting wax
- Cool temperature makes it the best wax for 58 to 68 degrees Farenheit
- Provides some of the best traction for added grip during vigorous conditions
- Classic coconut scent
This is the best wax for surfboards in cooler temperatures.
2. Sticky Bumps Surf Wax Base
[amazon box=”B00KWKZ6BG” template=”horizontal”]
Sticky Bumps Surf Wax Base works in combination with surf wax to help the wax stick better and last longer for better grip. It also makes the wax easier to apply and enables you to use less wax.
Why We Chose Sticky Bumps Surf Wax Base:
- Can be used with Sticky Bumps Original Wax for added traction
- Makes the top coat stick better and last longer
- Makes the wax easy to apply
This is the best wax for surfboards for surfers looking to add extra traction to their board and also prolong the wax application.
1. Sticky Bumps Original Surfboard Wax
[amazon box=”B01E48H222″ template=”horizontal”]
Sticky Bumps Original Surfboard Wax is concocted for surfers by fellow surfers. It is made of environmentally-friendly ingredients as well as Snag and Grab technology, which causes the wax to adhere to the board and creates tiny bumps for added grip.
Why We Chose Sticky Bumps Original Surfboard Wax:
- Made for surfers by surfers
- Features Snag and Grab technology, which causes small sticky bumps on the board for better grip
- Signature blueberry scent, which can be enjoyed while surfing
This is the best wax for surfboards in temperatures above 75 degrees Fahrenheit.
Recommended read: Planning on changing your surfboard? Take a look at the best longboards on the market. Longboards are easy to maneuver which makes them perfect for beginner.
In the end, the best wax for surfboards contains a long-lasting formula for added grip and fewer applications, which means more time spent surfing. They may also be Eco-friendly to help protect the environment as well as marine life, and many also contain a pleasant scent for getting lost in the smell while surfing.
After trying one of the best surfboard waxes on the list, be sure to comment to let others know of your experience. Or if you are aware of another great wax for surfboards, be sure to weigh in.